Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call transfer and conf does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

technodrew

Technical User
Nov 15, 2005
CA
I have an issue with transfer and conf call with an M2616/.

What happens is we have the caller on the line and press the KEY that is programmed as (KEY 10 TRN) and then hit RLS (to release the call) and that caller stays on the same line he called in on?? does not go anywhere?? I have never seen this issue before and checked the programming. I also replaced the phone and still happens? Any ideas? Same thing happens when conferencing a call(KEY 09 AO6).

you need to press Transfer then the extension or full number you are transferring to then transfer again, hitting other keys will only cause the transfer to cancel and the call will stay at your phone. This is to give you the chance to take the call back if no one picks up.

Correct on a key system you would rls the call to complete the function, but like trvlr1 said you need to hit the function button again to complete.

Conf and Trans are like a sandwich. The bread is the button and the meat is dialing.

Transfer: Bread, meat, bread. Done

Conference: Bread, meat, taste, bread. Done

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Gene, you have some great analogies!

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back