Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call tracking/help desk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostCreekDavid

Programmer
Oct 11, 2007
US
I am trying to find a way to keep track of customer calls for new software company I started. I have a few customers using my software, and I need to keep track of calls.

It appears that Sharepoint is the right platform, but I am not quite sure how to start. Is someone else using Sharepoint to keep track of this kind of data?

Thanks!

David

I use sharepoint for call tracking, calendaring, contacts, and site notes. The price is right (free if you're using Win2k3 server)...and I tried a number of CRM/ERP/Helpdesk packages (Tiny, SugarCRM, vTiger, etc) extensively before giving up and rolling forward with SP.

Download the helpdesk (or call center), library, and knowledge base templates from MS, and install them on your sharepoint server (this is kind of a pain, but should be easy enough to figure out with a few google searches).

One word of caution...if you choose to customize the templates, be sure to have excellent backups when you upgrade...they might not work correctly afterward. (at least, that was my experience at the last version change).

Out of curiosity, you're not in OR, are you?

Clv

Thanks! Sharepoint is what we are looking at now. I appreciate you validating that decision.

Yes, we are in Oregon, just east of Eugene.

David
David@lostcreekconsulting.com

Too funny. I found your post in a google search looking for an addition to our own SP setup...and guessed by your username that you set up (or configured in some way) some of our systems about a year before I started here.

Small world!

Clv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back