Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Topic inside IVR Script Flow ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortavaya

Technical User
Sep 20, 2006
MA
Hello,

Is it possible to call Topic inside IVR Script flow if some conditions are not met ?

Thank you

Can you tell us a bit more about what you want to accomplish? IVR script return is used to connect IVR to Task Flows and thereby Topics.

Hi sheldom, so you mean I can use task tag with IVR script return in order to call another topic/callflow if some conditions are met ?

Thank you

Can you provide some details as to what you would like the IVR/task flow to do? What conditions are you talking about?

Ok, I will explain more..

we have configured IVR callback script, for callers who are waiting in queue there is announcement to suggest a callback (please enter your number if you want to be called back, else stay on hold...), so I configure condition in that IVR Script (digit lenght = 10)if no digit pressed by callers they go back to the queue (call Topic that is redirecting to previous Call-Flow).

Just setup the IVR within your task flow using IVR script return and have the IVR timeout return to the task flow, back to the queue. You will need to make sure your Task Trap is placed correctly.

Thanks sheldoom, task trap is for detecing loops in the Flow right ?

Correct, the task trap will cause the call to only check conditions after the task trap, rather than check the entire task flow.

thanks sheldoom, I apreciate your support & help..

have a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back