Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call to Operator and DID\DISA for ipLDK300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VHaibulin

Technical User
Jun 10, 2009
KZ
CO lines – analog lines

Station - LG-Nortel ipLDK300

Question:

How to fulfill the following call scheme:

Incoming call received by operator immediately. If operator didn’t answered during 15 seconds (or operator is busy), then incoming call redirected on DID\DISA automatically, or by operator.

I do not think that this is possible.
It would be if you used ISDN.

You can use PGM 144 to receive the call at the operator/attendant.
It is best to make a group and have the attendant as a member in this group. Then you can have a welcome greeting, and overflow to e.g. a VMIB message with press 1,2,3 for so-and-so. (CCR or MENU choises.).
This solution will demand a VMIB board.
If your stations are in the range 100-199, then you can record a message saying that "you can press the station number needed". Just set the CCR menu#1 to "station" , but do not write any number.

///doktor

Thank you for an answer. Our tech support gave us similar explanation.

What if I’ll ask a bit differently?

Is there possibility to make some time lag before DID\DISA starts? While incoming call is blinking on line an operator could be able to catch a call before? It’s a kind of “warm line” or stuff like that. Is it possible or not? But I understand that with incoming analog lines like in our case is really difficult to make a station to do a thing.

Thank you again.

I’m from Kazakhstan, just started this kind of work, and not expected for an answer. =.) May I ask some more questions on this board in the future?

Your questions are welcome. This forum is world wide and ideas/questions will be answered asap.
All engineers can contribute.
To your question:
With ISDN it would have been possible... Because you can program a kind of rerouting.
I have tried to check for a solution, but I think that this feature is not possible, sorry.

///doktor

Dear Sir,

Could you try as adding the station who is attendant into Terminal group, for example group 620. And in the attribute of group 620 should set the overflow destination to VMIB1. And set the overflow timer as you need. In PGM144 set the incoming CO ring to "Hunt group 620". The operation step should be as below step.
- An CO line send the ring to station in hunt 620.
- If she not answer more than overflow timer the call will be routed to overflow destination. In this case = VMIB1.
- VMIB1 playing the company greeting.
- The caller can dial their desired a station number.

I'm guess it should be work for you.

Cheers.

Thank you, Ohtapa. This desription is very good.

///doktor

2 ohtapa

Thanks for your suggestion. May be it could be really helpful. But... My problem is kind of prescription below.

The station certainly is equipped with AAIB already, and programmers from tech support already programmed auto answer system. But I cannot find the tails (sorry for my bad english). I'm look for an answer at PCADMIN and cannot understand the structure. Sure I'm able to make a hunt group for system attendant, but where should I readdress him? There's only other groups, messages and so on.

1. Finally I'm able to do some primitive programming, data base buck up, and stuff like that only.
2. I cannot catch up with people from our tech sup because they running through whole city area everyday like a crazy (and, may be it's know how of them, who knows).
3. Experiments are prohibited. The station is like a human's heart in action. I can't just put a stick in it and see, what'll happen after.

That's my situation for now. Thanks for help of yours.

This do no sound that good! I hope that you will have more luck in the future..

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back