Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call System Using (Process Scheduler) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TangKay

Technical User
Mar 10, 2005
CA
I'm executing a command called 'CONCOPY' from an SQR program using the 'CALL SYSTEM USING' function. When I run the SQR using SQRW, a code value of 0 is returned and the desired output file is created in the specified directory. However, when the same SQR is run using the Process Scheduler, a code 1 is returned and no output file is created.

In the same SQR program 'CALL SYSTEM USING' is used to execute the DOS internal command 'DIR'. This particular routine produces the desired output file in the same directory specified for the 'CONCOPY' - both in SQRW and Process Scheduler.

I would like to know from experts out there which environmental element could have spelled the difference between the SQRW process and the Process Scheduler process.

Thank you!

Here's a hint. SQR has two flavor. One that runs in the application server and the other thru windows environment(SQRW). All are depending on how the sqr program has been written. It can be called from the server or thru the client windows. Understanding the complexity of SQR environment means you have to understand all the setting of it's .ini files relative to the configuration manager file.

There is not much space in here to explain to you the intricacies of SQR but thru all the years SQR behaves differently in different platforms(OS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back