Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gajh

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2004
GB
Hi hope you can help, we have mutliple sites which we can call between by just dialing the persons extention for eg if we ring 325 we have a short code 3N dials out on line group 30. However we still have some users that dial the main office telephone number (we use 9 to access an outside) line which costs us money. eg 901933410041. I have tried a shortcut as follows 901933410041 dial 301 line id 30, however this doesn't work. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Is your system set up to generate a secondary dial tone when you dial 9?

I guess you could use the least cost routing function and enter the shortcode in there without the 9

Steven Kan

Yes it does give us a secondary dial tone

Regards

if you are using secondary dial tone the short code should be [9]01933410041

You should have small community networking checked at each site on the vpn lines specifying the remote IPO's.
With this you need no short codes to route calls as long as all users and ext numbers are unique over the network

Hi I have tried the suggestions, I have removed the short code 3N and I am still able to phone a 3XX extention with no problems. I Have put a short code in so that if I dial 901933410041 ("9" for an outside line)it will ring the 301 extention. In phone manager pro I can see it change from the 901933410041 to 301 but it then just says the number has not been recognized. Thanks

are you sending the call to the correct vpn line no. if you are getting a number not recognised msg I would sugest that you are dialing 301 to the network

Our learned friend IPGuru is on the write track change the feature in the short code you created to Dial Extension put the VoIP line into the line group ID.

Give it a go

[cheers]

Hi Guys I have tried that and it still doesn't work. I think I have to give up on this and just educate the users.
Thanks for all the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back