Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call routing and hunting on a call center set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastcoast10

Technical User
Apr 11, 2011
CA
We have a call centre using Symposium [AACC] and a Computer Telephony Integration application [it provides data screens to the agent].

My question is around call routing/hunting on these kinds of sets. I have never come across good documentation on what affect a set being acquired by Symposium let alone the additional affect of a CTI server has on the call routing on a 3905 call centre set.

Fundamentally the issue is as follows:
I had an agent/co-ordinator with the following setup
LHK = 2 // CLS: FNA HTA // FDN=HUNT= 7000 the callpilot voicemail number.
Key 00 – incalls key [key 00 acd 6100 0 1800 etc]
Key 01: 5100 // her first extension
Key 02: 5200 //her second extension.

When the co-ordinator is on a call that arrived on key 00 – so it would be a queued call that routed through symposium - and a caller rang their personal extension for example 5100, there would be no indication that the call arrived at the set, the call would go directly to voicemail.
If however the co-ordinator is not on a queued call, but they were busy on their extension 5100 and another call rang in on 5100 the call would route to 5200 and if unanswered it would go to voicemail – voicemail for 5100. This would be the predicted behavior.

It appears that on a symposium controlled call the normal call handling behavior is affected but I have not come across any good information that fully explains what behavior to expect.

I have tested the feature with mixed results.
I also have agent/co-ordinators in the call centre who get the desired behavior. Those agents/coordinators getting the desired behaviour have LHK=1. In their case when busy with a call on Key 00 and a call rings on their personal extension, they see that call ringing and can pick it up before it goes to voicemail.
I am hoping someone has a detailed explanation of all this, how Symposium controlled calls affect routing behaviour and recommendations on how to set this up such that when busy on an incalls key a call to the agent’s personal extension will ring at the set, before going to voicemail.

I can't remember if "Call presentation" defined/assigned to the skillset may "block" calls on DN if on a skillset call. If it's not there then the queue (ld 23 prompt SDNB) probably has it defined as yes.

The Call Presentation Class is assigned on a per agent basic in Contact Centre Management. There is an option in the the Call presentation Class to "answer a call centre call by placing DN call on hold". Think this works both ways round.

It was the sdnb feature and with subsequent testing it was apparent that the lhk setting was not an issue.

I now have

key 00: incalls acd 6000 0 1000
key 01: extension #1
key 02: extension #2
lhk 2
hunt 7000 [voicemail]
fdn 7000

I changed the SDNB setting to NO in acd queue 6000 and it resolved the issue.

the agent can be on the incalls key and can take a call on their extension, and have it hunt to key 2 before going to voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back