Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call restrictions NEAX2000 IVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

amwtpit

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2005
US
I am trying to restrict one station from making outside calls, or calling anything other than our internal ext. I am rather new to the NEAX so any information would be welcome.

This is a bit complicated. we need some more info to help with this.

What type NEAX Elite, IPK, 1400, 2000 or 2400 ect. To start.

Station restrictions will have to ne done diffeently depending on the system.

If you have a Command Manual look at command 1201. If you are confused at what I mean, just ask and someone else or I can try and walk you through it.

You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us.

As indicated above CMD 1201 is where you allocate a restriction level to a station. The hard part is finding out what each level is allowed to dial and if you are using LCR that can be quite difficult. If there is an extension already restricted in this way then just copy that. If there isn't then you could just try assigning progressively higher restriction levels and stop when you achieve the desired result. Take care though as you may find that you also restrict it from contacting emergency services and that could have ramifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back