Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Rerouting Incoming Calls On 5540IP Console - 3300 MCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opalicious

Programmer
Jul 13, 2012
CW
Hi Peeps,

Happy New Year!

This is my first post here and I'm hoping I can get some assitance.

The product is 3300 MCD connected with 5540 IP console. The owner wishes that any incoming call that is waiting while the operator is on the phone, be rolled over to other extensions in the office.

I see in the call rerouting sheet that 1st and 2nd alt for the oper. ext is set to normal, I used the this, this, this, this, that, that, that, that, option and inserted two of the exts that they requested but when I called the oper, and asked my colleague to call also to see if it worked, his call rang out while I was on phone with the oper.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for ALL responses!

OK
You are nearly there
Select a blank CRFA and select 'This' to all the No Answer columns leave the Busy/DND as Normal then add the number to reroute to in the 'Directory Number' field then Save
Once programmed go to the Call Re-routing form and select all the numbers that the Console has programmed or that you want to reroute and change the CRFA number from 1 (default) to the number previously programmed. Then Save

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

It sounds to me like you expect the console to route when busy.

The Console is never considered busy and calls will always queue until the No Ans Timer expires at which point it will route to the 1st alt.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

[3eyes]Supernova99 - Thank you for all imput, I did exactly as you have instructed. The console DN is 6181, i've changed the 1st and 2nd alt's to the exts. that I wish the waiting calls to rollover to, and I have even done it with the 0(operator).

Call Rerouting First Alternate Form

#10 normal normal normal normal this this this this 4129

Call Rerouting Form

6181 - 1 5 1 ALL 10 12 ( CONSOLE EXT.)

4129 - 1 1 1 ALL 10 12 ( EXT TO ROUTE)

KwbMitel -

Your point about the 'no ans timer' is interesting, maybe I would need to lower the time for the calls to rollover sooner???

Thank you all for your assistance!

Opalicious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back