Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbyes

MIS
May 28, 2003
US
On outgoing call reports there is a column that says notes.
Under it there are toll free, local and long distance calls but there is also one that says internal. The problem with that is, the number dialed is not internal to the company.
The 3com kb says that an unrestricted trunk call could be classified as an internal call, but I'm still not exactly sure what that means.
A little help?

Got me on this one. I think that the CDR needs alot of work by 3Com anyways - too little info. compared to ohers.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Tallyho,
Mike

"Any society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers."

You're not kidding this thing needs a lot of work.
I think I'm onto something though with the internal calls.
If a user picks up a specific line to dial out on, even though they place a call to an outside number the call report shows it as internal. That's weird because it shows the correct number that was called. ? Go figure...

Thanks

Start here to get the field definitions:

Now- as for the funky issues above you are citing:

common cause is that the NBX OS is NOT matched to the NBX Application(s). Make sure you are running an update NBX CDR Application. There are numerous bugs in the CDR application and the newer version...well, let's say that at least the MATH is finally right.

Some of the 3KB write ups are strangely wrong.

When you look in NetSet/Device Configuration/Line Card Ports and click on a port 7xx/7xxx then click MODIFY. Note the pull down option for Trunk-to-Trunk. It should be set as RESTRICTED. The guy who wrote the label doesn't have a clue what TRUNK to TRUNK really is... this definition on this system means to create call records. the real definition is to ALLOW TRUNK to TRUNK calling which is done in COS of the NBX NOT HERE in LINE CARD PORTS.

Check and ensure you have current NBX OS 4.1.77 and CDR app unless you are using 4.2.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back