Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingaIT

Technical User
Dec 8, 2011
GB
currently we have ip500v2 with 2 x adsl-30 lines (60 channels)
we are needing a call recording solution.
currently looking at OAK and other 3rd party callrec providers.
our database needs to attach the recorded call to the client from the number dialed via tapi.

any recommendations?
cheap as possible.

thanks

assuming you wish to record all calls I would say that Contact Store is not a suitable option.

Computers are like Air conditioners:-
Both stop working when you open Windows

60 channels is way beyond the capabilities of VM Pro and CS, also this statement "our database needs to attach the recorded call to the client from the number dialed via tapi" would suggest any third party recoder would need to allow/make such a connection with the recording, without knowing exactly how this is to be achieved makes it difficult to suggest anything :)

Untitled-1.png

VM Pro is limited to 40 ports, and those ports are used for call recording, among other things (aa greetings, vm access, announcements etc). I think that limit of 40 ports is also somehow tied to the IPO limit of 48 data channels.

Whatever solution you sell, you would presumably need to make sure it was not relying on this hard limit of VM Pro ports... which probably means you need a recorder which is somehow extracting the call and the CLID between the line and the IPO. I know call recording is offered by other packages like Oak and Chronicall, but I'm not sure if they also rely on the VM pro to do the recording.

GB

I think Oak is the way to go, and its line side recording, and they recently dropped their pricing too.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

our developer thinks it will be cheaper to buy the card (2k) and build it himself or 3rd party dev(5-7k) for half the price that all these companies are quoting

all we need is the info captured from the card and the actual call saved as an audio file (.wav) - put onto a db and marry it up with our db.

we dont need no fancy interface or anything like it, no extras needed either.

The best way to do this would be to put a line-side card onto the lines, record that info to the hard drive of a PC, store the file paths into a SQL database then run some fuzzy logic across both .db tables to get you best match.

then use either an unlicensed player if you've encrypted the files, or run without encryption (i.e. .wav) and listen with any .wav player.

Really important to just add the file path to your .DB tables and not actually store the files directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back