Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Recording on IP Office 10.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

300Blackout

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2015
US
Can someone tell me what is required to call record IP phones on IP Office 10.0. This is for a 911 center. All calls will be stored to the 911 Call Recording server so basically this will be a tap to IP Office. Any help appreciated

Preferred edition will enable recording.

As this is 911 dialiing i would strongly urge you to reconsider.
Please engage your Avaya account manager and consider Breeze and Oceana Workspaces with an Aura/CM back end.

Avaya are doing great things with police forces worldwide, including location assist from applications.

holdmusic34 1
German Tourist 0

Not knowing everything when selling/implementing solutions to a customer is one thing, but if this is a 911 center peoples life are at risk if something isn't working.
IP Office is not a product for that market and I suspect in these cases the cost isn't an issue.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Asking us these questions...... would have me worried if I lived where you're installing this :)

I agree with holdmusic. Don't put an IPO in for 911 calls. Tell them if they are that cheap to go for smoke signals and drums instead to save even more money.

The IPO is a good system but to get the reliability you want for 911 calls you need to go Aura with realtime failover and redundancy.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

You said " All calls will be stored to the 911 Call Recording server so basically this will be a tap to IP Office" so it sounds like you already have a system in place. Saying what software it uses might help.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I apologize for not clear. The IP Office isn't answering 911 calls. They are using Motorola Sentinel Patriot E9-1-1 for all 911 calls. By law in my state any other phones in 911 center outside of the 911 console must be recorded. They have 6 IP sets that are used for logistical support beside each 911 console. What I am looking for is what use to be called a DEVLink or TAPILink....not sure what's called.

Devlink3.

Go to devconnect portal for a free login and download the SDKs and APIs from there under 'IP Office'

holdmusic34 1
German Tourist 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back