Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Recording Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_A

Technical User
Dec 18, 2022
EG
I have a question in Avaya VM pro configuration. is there any way to configure the call recording advice for outgoing calls only ? appreciate your help.

Only maybe by more programming than I want to try. Turn off the playing AOCR for all calls. Then create custom callflows called Record and AutoRecord that test some call variable such as $ANS_PARTY to determine whether the call is outging or incoming and so whether to play the AOCR prompt before then doing the recording.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

i don't know how to use a call flow for outgoing calls using a short code! and don't know how the IVR tree will be ?
please can you explain briefly ?!

Customizing the recording callflows is in the voicemail manual, along with descriptions of call variables, actions, etc. Time to start reading and learn by testing (always the best way).

Best to create two modules, one that emulates normal call recording and one with the new behaviour. That way you can easily swap the contents of the custom AutoRecord and Record callflows whilst testing and developing.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back