Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call QualityStage jobs from DataStage

Status
Not open for further replies.

winter7

Programmer
Nov 2, 2005
US
I am creating an application where I have to call QualityStage jobs from DataStage. I am using the "QualityStage" stage ( plug-in ) from DataStage to do this.

For some reason, my QualityStage stage editor doesn't look like the one shown in the user manual. Anyone knows the reason for this? My software version is 7.5.

Also, my job compiles fine. But it gives a "access violation " error when I try to run it.

Anyone knows the reason for this?

Is there a better way to call QualityStage jobs from DataStage?

Thanks!

Does your DataStage login user have permissions to the QualityStage project folders? The QualityStage plugin is the best way to run a QualityStage job as it lets DataStage input and output data to QualityStage jobs. You can try to run QualityStage jobs as shell executes from a DataStage Sequence job but this is a very innefficient way to combine the tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back