Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Presentation Class for IVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris125

Programmer
May 17, 2012
CA
Hello,

We have AvayaAura 6.2. The CCMS script sends the calls to the IVR (MPS system) with "GIVE IVR". I understand that the amount of time the CCMS will wait for IVR to take the call is controlled by Call Presentation Class.
Could somebody tell me where in the CCMS configuration is it specified which Call Presentation Class will be used for transition to the IVR? I know how it is done with the agents, but I can't find it in documentation how does it apply to IVR.

Thanks.

It sounds like your MPS ports are acquired by AACC and are login in with agent ID's configured in your CCMA.

In this case you will need to lookup one of the agent ID's used by the MPS ports, under the agent configuration there is a field for call presentation class. This will tell you which call presentation class that agent uses.

To see the parameters of the call presentation class you will need to navigate in CCMA to configuration\call presentation class and select the presentation class that is associated with your MPS ports.

Hope this helps.

Yes, the MPS ports are acquired by CCMS but as Voice Ports not as Agent ports. I don't have the IVR ports on the CCMA agent's list, at least not if I check on CCMA->Launchpad->Contact Center Management->View/Edit Agents... or am I looking for it in the wrong place?

The only place I see the IVR ports on CCMA is Configuration->Phonesets and Voice Ports and Configuration->IVR ACD-DNs but neither of teh pages have anything about the ID's...

Ah ok, the way your ports are configured they do no use Agent ID's or Call Presentation class, only agents are assigned call presentation.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish anyhow?

Cheers

I'm trying to find out where can I manipulate the system parameters (timers ?) that control the passing of the call from CCMS to IVR app on MPS, and after the IVR is done, back to CCMS.
One of the problems we have is that when we have a wave of calls and the MPS gets to about 90% capacity it solws down, and then the CCMS starts to log out the MPS's ports. My guess is that with the short calls we are getting in such situation the MPS ports are not getting ready fast enough.
I though this would be controleld by Call Presentation Class because it contains exactly those parameters: logout port if not picked up after x seconds, wait y seconds before presenting next call, etc.
If we could manipulate those parameters we could tune this system to perform beter under stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back