Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arugg

MIS
Sep 14, 2004
US
I need to know if there is a way to "activate" a specific announcement within an application. In other words I have an app functioning as an auto attendant. I want to prerecord an Inclement Weather announcement and then activate it only when necessary.

Is there a way to do this? I thought the Maintenance Number would work but, it doesn't appear so.

That was a good feature with Meridian Mail. Don't believe it is available on Call Pilot.

I think you should be able to record the announcement in App Builder. Then you could change the Service DN in Call Pilot and have it point to the Application I.D. of the announcement whenever you want?

Is that what you are asking? I hope this helps?

you could build it as a time of day announcement, set it for say 00:30 - 00:31, and then when you want the announcement to play, just change the time within the announcement to 00:01 - 23:59 (or however long you want the announcement for)

you could also change the anouncement service dn during the times you need to activate, you can also use an idc table that changes 3000 to 3000, and change the output translator during the needed times,

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back