Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALL PILOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL100OKI

Programmer
Jun 20, 2006
US
OUR CALL PILOT WAS WORKING CORRECTLY AFTER INSTALL, BUT IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY WE FOUND OUT YESTERDAY WHEN WE TOOK A TRIP OUT TO OUR M1 LOCATED ON IT'S LITTLE ISLAND CALLED IE SHIMA.

WHEN YOU CALL IT FROM A LOCAL MERIDAN 1 PHONE OR FROM A PHONE HANGING OFF OF AN SL-100, IT ROUTES THE CALLER TO A EDRAM RECORDING ON THE PARENT SL-100, INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE CALL PILOT AND PROMPTING FOR THE MAILBOX NUMBER.

ANOTHER ISSUE OF UNFAMILIARITY, I KNOW THE MSM WE USE HERE AT FOSTER, CALL PILOT IS ANOTHER NEW THING.

ONE OF MY TECHS NOTICED THAT THE PC WE USE TO INTERFACE THE CALL PILOT HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE CALL PILOT, AND WHEN HE TRIED TO USE THE KEYBOARD/MOUSE/MONITOR PLUGGED INTO THE FRONT OF THE CARD, THE MOUSE/KEYBOARD (USB) DIDN'T WOULDN'T WORK.

WHAT SHOULD I CHECK TO SEE WHY MY CALLS AREN'T ROUTING TO THE CALL PILOT? NO ONE HAS CHANGED ANY ROUTING TABLES IN THE SWITCH, WHY WOULD IT BE ROUTING THE 622-2699 NUMBER (USED TO LOGIN TO A MAILBOX OF CALL PILOT), TO ANOTHER SWITCHES RECORDING SAYING CALL CANNOT BE COMPLETED AS DIALED.

In order for the keyboard, monitor and mouse to work again, you will need to power the Call Pilot off and on again with those items plugged in so that the system can recognize them (providing you are running release 2.2 or lower) because the operating system is NT; Release 4.0 the OS is Windows 2003 and you can unplug those devices "hot" without any interruption.

As far as Call Pilot not getting the call presented, are these tie trunks? VoIP trunks? are you using a phantom to send these calls (which is preferred), CDP, ACD queue?

You should be routing to the pilot DN for Call Pilot Messaging. In the routing of the call, you need to make sure that in the RDB that NCRD is set to yes.

The message waiting light is a different monster, and message tables, routing tables, and internal NARS/BARS needs to be set up correctly on the M1 to work.

John

The computer talks to the callpilot Via the C-lan, there should be 2 ethernet cables coming off the back of your computer, and to access callpilot you click on the internet explore, which should have its homepaged booked marked as the callpilots address. The ports you plug your keyboard mouse, and monitor on the front of the card are for the callpilot server. are the getting routed only when you call a phone and then get transfered to voice mail or is it happening when they try and access their messages?

Scott Williams

IT, United States Coast Guard.

It's not routing to call pilot in both situations. (calling a station and fwd'ing to Voice mail & if you try to call and check your mail.) It worked about 2 weeks ago and just quit.

Our Call pilot is in card slot 9 of Cab 00. I'm not to familiar with a lot of the loads, but when I print DNB, our DN to access call is 622-2699 and it has CDN below it. We have ACD members logged that log into it, that's about all I can tell you, not much help probably.

We tried to do a restart on the call pilot, when it rebooted, we got a windows log in prompt, General Dynamics NOC said it should boot right into the call pilot.

Call Pilot should boot by itself. You want to make sure when it comes up that all the services are running. Even though AT&T says I shouldn't have to I reboot my Symposium and call pilot weekly or it will not work properly or it will crash on me. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back