Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot won't initialize PCMCIA ATA disk drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broadbased

Vendor
Feb 7, 2007
US
We have a Call Pilot 100 ver. 3.0, approximately two years new. Just stopped working at our customers site.
I have it here at my shop, connected up my laptop to the serial port, when I power it on it looks like it's going to be fine, it displays:
INITIALIZES ATA DISK, OKAY
INITIALIZES PCMCIA STACK OKAY, SEES THE TWO SOCKETS ETC...
Then gets to the next line which says:
INITIALIZING PCMCIA ATA DISK DRIVES.......

It then stops there and won’t boot any further, if I had to guess I would say the Compact Flash Card is bad.

Any suggestions, thank you

I have not seen that one yet.
you defiantly have at least one good station plugged into port A
I would have to say there's something else wrong inside the unit or stations
if you have access to another software test it with that. it would not mater what version for testing purposes

it's the unit if it does the same thing

Good guess on the PCMCIA. It is at that point that bios is looking for the cards and it's not seeing something. Back around late rls 2/early 3 there was a problem with bad cards from Nortel. Try copying data to your laptop; see if you can access the card that way. If you can, copy it to another card and try that.

I agree with curly. If the CP pwr supply is 9v, and you replace the card and reinstall it with the same pwr supply, you'll be back out early next year for the same fix.

software is corrupted. if you can upgrade to the lates ver. you'll be fine

it's the two prong power supply,

we took another pcmcia card from stock and it worked fine, something just scrabbled to old card.

At least you found your cause of trouble.

Pitch the old power supply, order a 8v, and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back