Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Will Not Accept Station 444

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkeneson

Vendor
Apr 5, 2001
US
Can I change options on my Call Pilot that will allow a voice mail such as 444, 345, etc?

My company installed a new Nortel CS1000e and Call Pilot about three months ago following Hurricane Ike.

I installed station 444 for our new plant manager only to discover today that the call pilot does not accept voice mail stations that contain numbers with patterns such as 444.

Business cards are printed, letter heads are done, and I'm in a big fix.

We have a Call Pilot Manager v 05.00.41.41

I have a trouble ticket entered with our PBX vendor to see if an option exists that will allow 444 and other patterns to be accepted, but I won't hear from them until tomorrow. I will have a long sleepless night.

Does anyone else know if an option exists allowing 444?

Thanks,

Brad

If your minimum password length is 6 digits then it will fail to build the mailbox because with the password prefix that is usually defaulted to 12 and the mailbox that only makes 5 digits.

Another thing it may be is a trivial password. If the password prefix is 12 then the password will be 12345 for mailbox 345 and this is not allowed. Also for mailbox 444 I don't think it lets you use the same number 3 consecutive times as this is also a trivial password.

Build the mailboxes and manually create the password for them. When building the mailbox click on advanced and then you can set the password.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Another thing after re-reading what I posted is the passwords will be trivial if there is no password prefix also so they will have to have manual passwords created.

It would also be nice to see what fixed the problem. Hopefully the original poster will come back and let us all know what fixed it. That way others later will know what the fis was when they have the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back