Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call pilot voice channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclebrian78

Vendor
Nov 7, 2006
US
i have a callpilot 150 with 8 voice channels, i have 5 lines in a hunt group the voice mail is set to answer using ringing service and a services button so they can turn it on and off. the customer says that sometimes a line rings all the phones when services are on. is there any way for me to check my voice channels to make sure all are operating and answering? or could this be something else? Thanks.

Try having 8 calls into voice mail at the same time. I don't think that you can call each dn. That will tell you if all 8 are working.

If there is a line ringing ALL the sets, check your ring groups. By default, EVERYTHING is in ring group one.....something is probably wrong there........I always abandon ring group one and start building with ring group two; you avoid all those headaches.

If the line is set to Ring on a phone then you will get about a half ring even when services is on. It takes that partial ring to tell the voicemail to answer.

A common mistake made by installers is to put port 1&2 into A and 3&4 into B. If you check the manual it calls for 1&3 into A and 2&4 into B. Could be your only getting 1 or 2 ports...Just a thought.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back