Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolbox212121

Technical User
Nov 18, 2010
US
We are going to upgrade are Call Pilot server next week and since I've never been involved in it I thought I ask a few questions. I'm not going to be the primary person doing the upgrade, that will be are support company. I've been told that the new version we are going to will not allow us to import the mailboxes from the old server. We are running Release 04.04.04 currently and not sure what release we are being upgraded to but I will find out. I assume its the newest one but I dont like to assume things. Is there a way I can get a excel or text file togeter with info to import the mailboxes that way?

I'm not concerned about the messages I just dont want to spend all night creating the mailboxes from hand. And like I said I will post the new version as soon as I hear back from them. Thanks for any input.

If you are staying with callpilot the latest is 5.0 which you can migrate over messages and voicemails boxes

tball1 is correct. Upgrading CallPilot Release 4 to Release 5 works great. The Upgrade Wizard in Release 4 performs a backup and you restore that backup to the newly imaged Release 5 server. My recommendation is to use a network backup location, not tape. Your upgrade will go a lot faster. Whoever told you mailboxes couldn't be upgraded told you wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back