Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot: Transfered Call to an SDN Application containing a "Call Transfer" block fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobertb

Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
US

I have a Simple Call Pilot App that broke after New 911 equipment was installed.
Application:
TOD Controller that transfers call to another on-switch DN if within hours
SDN is a Phantom (Also tried ACD)

Issue
911 position operator transfers a call to the Call Pilot SDN.
911 system has ANALOG port integration to PBX for this
Intermittently, the Transfer does not complete and the caller hears
"Your call can not be completed at this time, please try again later" and SLEE transfer errors

I Can duplicate this is with a test setup not involving the new 911 system.
Scenario 1
[ul]
[li]Using an ANALOG phone[/li]
[li]Transfer a call to the SDN via switch hook and hang up right away[/li]
[li]Call to SDN transfers properly[/li]
[/ul]

Scenario 2
[ul]
[li]Using an ANALOG phone[/li]
[li]Transfer a call to the SDN via switch hook and don't hang up right away as if you might want to do an announced Transfer.[/li]
[li]Depending on how long you stay on the line before completing the Transfer you (as the "Tranferer", get the failed message.[/li]
[li]If you hang up after a delay, the Caller hears the fail message.[/li]
[/ul]

This is my guess:
The PBX works as designed in that if you "delay" the completion of the Transfer, the system is trying to do 2 simultaneous transfers and dies ???????????

When you Transfer "quickly" it just auto-magically works.
Call to SDN transfers properly.
When you transfer slow it breaks.

The "old" 911 system (Positron) made the Transfer "quickly" and the "new" 911 system (Vesta) has internal delays in the Transfer that result in the intermittent operation as noted above.

I just thought of a possible work around as I'm writing this....maybe have the TOD controller hit a "blank" announcement block and then on to the Transfer Block??????

Comments Welcome

The current work around...
Couldn't record a "Blank" recording in the Announcement block as mentioned above.
So I recorded "Please hold while you are being Transferred"
That works.
I can't break it.
Still looking for comments though..[ponder]

Working exactly like you said and described

System will not and cannot do double xfer - It can't xfer a call that hasn't been xferred yet. Terminate and then xfer - exactly what you did and that's how it works.

If you happen to have Symposium or CCM you could create an application to do this and start with IF TRANSFERRED WAIT 6 or whatever timer you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back