Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Slow to Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

startech123

Technical User
May 27, 2014
US
I recently did a complete re-initialization/re-install on a Call Pilot 100 VM system and a MICS. I did a pretty standard set-up on both the Call Pilot and the MICS. In accordance with the customers wishes, I set incoming calls to ring DN 221 4 times, then call forward to DN 236 for 4 rings, then if unanswered, the call routes to Voice Mailbox 236. Everything works, but when/if I get to the voice mail to leave a message, the voice mail takes (approximate) 15 seconds from the time I hang up until the call is released. You can see the line being held on the telephone, and there's a very long period of silence at the end of the message.
This type of problem used to be associated with [the lack of] an "immediate disconnect" signal from the LEC. However, when I called the carrier (Spectrum) they had no idea what I was talking about.... and they may truthfully not have anything to do with the problem. I have other MICS and CICS systems, along with Call Pilot VM systems on Spectrum service, and those systems do not have this disconnect delay. Therefore, I think that I have most likely incorrectly set some feature in either the Call Pilot or MICS, but I can't find anything that would appear to control disconnect times. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Go into lines and look for Disconnect Supervision.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for the response curlycord. Are you referring to Lines in the Call Pilot or the MICS?

Thanks curleycord. I got a little sidetracked because the delay only occurs when a call gets into the voice mail. On any other incoming call (answered, or abandoned before it gets to voice mail) the disconnect seems normal, ie a couple of seconds. I took a quick look at Lines in the KSU yesterday and I didn't see anything referencing Disconnect Supervision.... but I'll look again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back