Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Routing of Calls when set is Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvepps

Technical User
Mar 8, 2006
US
I am new to Call Pilot on the Meridian systems. I have done some programming on the Meridian Mail. I recently have been setting up some auto attendant routing using the app builder with Call Pilot 4.0 and have a question.

I want to have a basic auto attendant function where a DID number is answered by the THRU-Dial block, the caller is prompted to either enter an extension # or 0 for the attendant. I noticed that if the caller enters a DN of a user who is busy on a call, the CallPilot will inform the caller that the user is busy and to try later, then hangs up, even though I have the set programmed to Hunt to Vmail and FDN to VoiceMail. If I have two DN keys on a set and the LHK 1, then a second call being routed to the phone via Call Pilot will ring 4 times and go to Voice Mail. If both DNs are busy, the caller is answered by Call Pilot informing the caller the party is busy and call later, then hangs up.

How do you get a busy DN to go to the Voice Mail Box when thru-dial routing with Call Pilot??

I also set up an auto attendant with a menu structure and transfered a user to an extension using the Transfer block. The same thing happens when the DN is busy. The only way around that is to route the busy output of the Transfer block to the Express Messaging Block and transfer directly to the users Voice Mail DN.

Any ways to get this to automatically go to the Voicemail box when the users DN is busy??? I thought the hunting and forward on no answer is controlled by the set with the MARPED DNs, but with Call Pilot, it seems to not care what the set is programmed for.

Thanks

Ken

Does the problem also happen with extension to extension calls internally?

No, internally, the calls go to voicemail when the DNs are busy. If I have two DNs on a set with the LHK 1, then it will go to voicemail automatically if both DNs are busy.

whats you busy treatment properites.. does this just happen on the thru dial? i have 40 plus menus and the pilot sends the calls to the station and follows hta fna treatment.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Kvepps - you nailed right there "The only way around that is to route the busy output of the Transfer block to the Express Messaging Block and transfer directly to the users Voice Mail DN."

CallPilot has control of the call, it will not dump you on the phone if its busy or doesn't answered within the alotted time (something like 18-20 seconds) it will pull the call back, if you have nothing defined in the busy or failed branch of the xfer block, the CP will disconnect you.
This was according to the Nortel NETS, the former ETAS team. this was especially true with release 1-2, not sure about 3 or 4, i haven't deal with those yet.

I'm using v4.0 (just upgraded from 2.07) and our calls go to vm if the line is busy.
I'll check how I've set mine up, but as a long shot, what have you set as you Busy treatment in App Builder ?

Either way, you shouldn't need to transfer it to Express Messaging, normal handover to the vm number should suffice.

Good judgement comes from experience,
which usually comes from bad judgement..

i'm on 3.0 and did the install and migration, i have never had a problem with that and didn't open any gate openers that i know of to allow that. you don't have an rpl block or it seems that expess mail would give you the same results

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The HTA and FNA are enabled on the sets. Hunt is to the CallPilot VM DN as well as FDN. In the app builder, the xfer block has a stub called busy, for that the only way to handle a busy call is to connect the busy to the Express Messaging block and configure that to tranfer to the VMail DN of the busy party.

On Dial Thru, there is no option to handle busy calls, that I can see, again, I am new to the Application Builder. If the call going to a Dial Thru bock, it will route out the success stub, there is no busy stub. If the DN is is dialing thru to is busy, the CallPilot will inform the caller the line is busy and to call back again, then it hangs up. I don't see any way to get the call to go to the voicemail box on busy DNs in the Thru Dial block. Even if it did have a busy stub, you would have to build an express message block for every person's DN in the system. That doesn't sound right. Is there some type of configuration setting in the app builder that tells Call Pilot to send calls on busy DNs to the person's voicemail?

This is Call Pilot 4.0

Try this, set up a DID number (i.e. 6200) as either an ACD DN NCFW to the CallPilot # (i.e. 6299) or build a Phantom DN for the DID #(6200) and set the phantom's FTR DCFW 4 CallPilot #(6299). Then build a voice services DN (6200)for that DID # and point it to an application that is using the following thru dial. In the app builder, place a thru dial block and under the permissions/restrictions allow the callers to dial anyones primary DN on a set. THe thru dial does not have a stub to handle busy calls. Now make the set's DN busy, then call the DID #(6200) and using the thru dial, dial the busy DN. Call Pilot will anounce to the caller that the caller is busy and try calling later, then it hangs up on the call.

Magpye,

Where do you set your busy treatment in App Builder, that could be my problem. I wasnt aware that ther is a config setting for that. I went thru the tutorial and either I was day dreaming or it didn't mention that. Do you have to set that for every app you design? The only busy treatment stub I see is for the xfer blocks but not the dial thru block.

Thanks
Ken

If this works internally and doesn't work externally, there is a prompt that is turned in your CDB blocking this. I believe it is in RDR and at this time, I can't remember which one it is, I will try to jog my memory. But it isn't the set programming or the Call Pilot, it is in the CDB. Sorry I can't be more specific at this time.

Ken,
I'm talking through hole in head (again).
After looking at my thru dial, I see there's no busy option. My mistake, sorry for the bad intel.

I've posted a screenshot of the dial thru we use, for comparison.
It's probably not too different from what you've got set up..

Iretrievers,

The CDB RDR_block, I have FNAD (Call forward No Answer Treatment for DID calls) to FDN. Also MDID (No Answer DID calls routed to Message Center) is set to NO by default.

I am going out to site today to try to figure this out.

Magpye,

I looked at your config. I am curious as to what happens when you have a set with its DNs busy, if it has only one DN make that DN busy and then try the dial thru to the set. If the set has two dns, make two calls on the different DNs so that they are both busy and then call in using the dial thru. Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Ken

check this post out, might be the same problem.

thread798-1201767

Guys,

I have to eat some crow. The set I was testing on did not have its Hunt to the Voice Mail DN. It was set to short hunt (000) and when the DN keys were busy, it would not go to voice mail. This was a phone configuration problem (my own).

However, janeenaj is right about the transfer block, on busy, you have to have an express message block for busy calls even though the Marped set is set to hunt to Voice Mail.

Thanks to all

Ken

Hi Ken,
Just to answer your previous question, on my system, when calls go a busy DN via the thru dial, they simply divert to voicemail.
Haven't got too many sets with two DN's , so it may behave differently, but for the single DN sets it happily goes off to voicemail..

If you put the secondary DN on the mailbox as an extension DN, it will find the appropriate mailbox as long as it is set to hunt or FDN to voicemail. I have not had to use EM on a BUSY transfer. Call Pilot calls the DN in the transfer block and the call processing is handed off to the PBX. Whatever programming is on the set is what should happen in the event of a busy or a no answer.

Thanks guys,

As I indicated, I set up my test phone wrong and had it short hunting up the keys on a busy instead of going to the voicemail DN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back