Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleetline

Technical User
Aug 15, 2007
US
We had to replace our hard drive and when trying to restore the data on the new hard drive we encountered a problem from the Call Pilot Manger. We have been doing a System Backup each night and we have that file on the Computer that is connected to our CLAN, and when we went to Restore the file to the server it said Call Pilot Manager is unable to do a System Backup Restore and to go to the System Tools for a full system restore. We are getting the user name and password today but has anyone ever done this before and what should I expect.

when you replaced your hard drive did you go thru
configuration wizard to program switch,elan,clan
configurations?if not that backup on your computer
is not going to get you anywhere.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Yes, configured it just like the old one.

For future backups, try DRIVEXML and just clone the whole drive, you can schedule it to run for you ever night and it wont take the system offline in any way. Then all you have to do is restore the disk from the clone, and its like you never had a drive crash. I know that doesn't help you now, ive never had luck with restoring from the normal backups , i gave up and cloned all future setups.

I have done restores from tape on Rel 2 / 3 / and 4 systems. As long as the backup was successful, then the only thing you have to look forward to is a long time between go and whoa.

Beware though...... On Rel 2 and I think (cause I am stretching the memory)on SU05 and above (plus on the 3 and 4 systems) you can get to backup restore from Start / Programms / Call Pilot / Backup Restore.

Prior to SU05 it was into the system utilities, and no where near as easy.

Just tried to do a restore for Call Pilot 2.0 and it only allowed us to do the restore from the system utilities menu. You have to have at least a distributor level password to complete this upgrade.

I think in the book it actually says that customers have to get with a distributor to do a full restore.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back