Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Restart 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

janaya

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
Has anyone seen the following:

CS1000M Succession 5.5
Call Pilot 5.0

Customer does not want to activate NTP Time Sync on their Signalling Servers.

Adjust time in PBX about every 3 weeks to match their network time. When they reset the time in the PBX, the Call Pilot system will reboot.

This problem happens when the time change is usually greater than 3 minutes, but happens every time they make the change. Easily duplicated.

need to disable windows timer service on the callpilot...this should eliminate your issue with call pilot rebooting...

You know I think they tried that. I have to confirm, but it didn't eliminate the problem. It just slowed down the number of reboots.

After they disabled the Time Service, it moved to a more hit and miss scenario on the reboot. I have searched the Knowledge Base on Nortel, but can't find anything on this.

I am betting that this is a code problem on the Call Pilot. The switch remains stable, it's just the Call Pilot rebooting.

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back