Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishhooligan

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2004
US
Was wondering if any Services need to be started on Call Pilot reporter (stand alone web server, Win 2k advanced server) before OM data is transferred for reporting? Any feedback is welcome

Thanks

You must first have the callpilot name registered on the domain. You should be able to ping the name. here is what I got from an engineer when I had a similar trouble.
Resetting the AOS service on the Callpilot server doesn't stop call processing. So the workarond if the reporter stops function is to :
1. Stop the AOS service on the Callpilot that has stopped reporting. When stopped restart.
2. On the Web (Reporter) Server go into administrative tools, go to services and stop the Callpilot Reporter service and the service and then start the Callpilot Reporter service and the service. Reports should start functioning. If not, logout and erase, wait about fortyfive minutes and try again. If reports are still not working, ping by hostname both ways and see if there is a network problem.

which address in callpilot needs to be on the domain (ELAN or CLAN). Im guessing CLAN but wanted to verify. I'll try and let you know.

Thanks for the reply.

I had a similar problem with reporter. After working with nortel, I had made some mistakes.
My setup is that I have a webserver connected to the clan of callpilot. No other devices are on the clan. No dns
I was able to ping call pilot from the web server but was not able to ping the websever from call pilot. However I could administer call pilot from the webserver
I had modified the host table on each unit to point to the other but reporter was still failing. Cause of this was improper addressing of the call pilot clan. I had put the elan and clan in the same subnet thinking because no other devices were on the clan, I could get by. They must be on separate subnets. Once I fixed that, I could ping both directions
When you ping make sure you can ping by ip address AND name
Nortel stressed that on the webserver, when you log in to cpmgr use the name of the call pilot server, not the ip address or "localhost"
I was told all of this referencing to the name rather than than the ip address has to do with call pilot reporter needing a sybix(sp)database connection as well as an ethernet wire connection between the web server and call pilot server.
If you still have problems, Nortel has some utilities (not available to the user) that can force/verify this database connection. Other wise after you get name pinging to work both ways, reboot both servers and wait (per Nortel)30 minutes to 3 or 4 hours for reporter to work.
good luck

Thanks for the input. I edited the HOSTS file on the Callpilot server and Reporter Webserver. Then I reinstalled Reporter. When I logged onto the webserver I verified through the system event log in reporter that there was a successful connection to Callpilot (NTP states the successful connection starts OM transfer to reporter).

I tried to run a report but it had no data. I will wait a couple of hours and try again to see if data is transferring. If not I will open a ticket with our local vendor to have Nortel run the utilities. Thanks for all the information and I'll let you know how it works.

Forgive the obvious question, but you have set up Operational Measurements on the Call Pilot server, haven't you?

Yes, OM is checked in Call Pilot Manager. The solution that qwzx posted worked. I can run reports and I'm getting the data. I'm going to reboot the voicemail tomorrow as a precaution. Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back