Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Reporter not talking to Call Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzakk

MIS
Oct 10, 2007
US
I have installed Reporter but it wont talk to Call Pilot. CP manager and My Call Pilot works fine but reporter is giving me the following error.

1 Wed Oct 10 05:45:27 PDT 2007 [80004005, Unspecified error, Description: Unspecified error CDSJob::Run(): CP Server ping failed, Source: CallPilot Reporter] Status test for CallPilot Server System Attendant 1011

Any ideas?

I saw this in a solution for another site with the same error message.

Update: Found we could not ping the CP or the Reporter by hostname, modified hosts file on each server, still received an error. Added Network to the DCOM security, verified the Yellow database, stopped/started services and able to collect data fine now.

How do I go about doing those steps? I am not familiar with a host file or adding Network to the DCOM.

To be honest, I am not sure either.

I was just repeating what I saw in a previous Nortel case resolution.

Perhaps someone else will know.

The Call Pilot reporter guide has very detailed instructions on how to set it up. Settings on the Call Pilot itself will need to be modified as per the documentation.

If you are unfamiliar with hosts files or DNS, I suggest recruiting the help of your network people.

Better yet, get your vendor involved.

Don't know if you have resolved your problem but I have had the same issue occur on my CP Reporter that has been up and working fine. After allowing a windows update and reboot the server would not register with CallPilot server. I had to go thru the COM Security settings in the install procedures and re-enter the Local and Remote Launch capabilities on users, some accesses were no longer allowed. The changes required a reboot. After the reboot the server registered.

JHenley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back