Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeal4122

Technical User
Dec 19, 2014
US
I had an issue of voicemail not picking up because only 2 channels were active. After calling support, they had me reboot the Call Pilot server and that freed up all the channels again. I haven't rebooted that server for quite some time...possibly years. The last time I rebooted it was when we did an upgrade to the PEPs.
My question is, how often should this server be rebooted? Support told me once a month. I think it would be a good idea to schedule a reboot to clean up the channels and other processes, but am just looking for advice as to how often others reboot theirs. Thanks.

Other than installing PEP's we haven't re-booted our Callpilot. Last time was probably over a year, We have others out in the field that probably haven't been done in years.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

We make it a practice to reboot ours every 3 months. Letting them run for years is not a good practice for a Windows box even if it an appliance version.

Plus, you should be applying any PEPS and patches (especially the security ones) and a reboot is mandatory for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back