Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Prompts now speak English with a British accent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildcat1972

Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
US
During a recent adding of some phones my Norstar MICS reset it self. All phones came back, but now the CallPilot voice prompts are speaking English with a British accent. I inherited this system, so I am thinking that when it was programmed the alternate language setting was selected as English (UK) or something to that effect. I wonder if I can change this without doing a re-install. Most of the users are happy with it, others say their clients will see it as pretentious and want it back to the kind of English spoken in the good old US of A. Any thoughts or guidance will be appreciated.

Yes you can change the language from Alt to Prime or Prime to Alt without resetting.
Look for the Bilingual setting.

You can also use the Language Utility program that came with the CD if you want a language other than the 2 current ones (Alternate & Prime) loaded.

The UK English version refers the "Pound Sign" as the "Hash Key"

Cough

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I changed the primary and alternate greetings around and the alternate was in Spanish. When going through the prompts for turning off bilingual, it stated that the primary was UK English and the alternate was Spanish. I have no idea how the original prompt went from US English to UK English when the MICS rebooted.

I think you need the CD to change the language back

Might be corrupt software or was just a glitch.

Its NA not US

Per my first post:
You can also use the Language Utility program that came with the CD if you want a language other than the 2 current ones (Alternate & Prime) loaded.

Load the NA English one in place of UK.

Noting the part # on the software card will tell us what the defaults are.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back