Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALL PILOT PASSWORDS LOST

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelrob

Technical User
Jul 20, 2007
US
Can anyone help me with a password issue. I have a call pilot system no one can tell me the release.I have tried all the NORTEL distributor and maintenance passwords with no result. Is the anyother or newer passwords NORTEL uses on the new release software? If so can you help??

We don't give out passwords on this forum. Get a hold of your dealer.

Are you looking for the Call Pilot Manager password, or the password to get into the system (Server password)?

If you are looking for the Call Pilot Manager password the instructions for getting in are posted on the Nortel website. If you have access and are patient enough to search the right area you will find the information.

If it is the server password, check with your network people to see if they have a tool to get around the windows login. There aren't that many ways to do this.

I have a way that uses a password reset tool on boot up to set all the passwords back to blank. Once you log in you will set the new administrator password.

Here's the problem with this, if your network crew does the same thing. The utility resets ALL passwords back to nothing so it will make some items in your server a little screwy until you reset the passwords using the Distributor Support Tools in Call Pilot. Then you have to re-run a config wizard to change all the passwords.

You have to do this becasue there are maintenance functions (services) that are login/password specific and if you don't have this set right those services will not run properly. Most importantly the backup service. That service is specific to the preset logins in the system. When you set the passwords on the initial configuration wizard load it will use that login and password to run the function. If it doesn't match it won't run.

Hope this helps. Just start with your network guys first. Other than that you may have to perform a reload of the database to get into the system.

There is a "Tools Utility" that some vendors Tier 3 techs have to use, and are login and password specific. Call your vendor, and if they can't do it, have them "make the call" to Avaya.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

As DocVic stated Nortel does have a tool to break the passwords, even the Administrator password to the server, but when 4.0 came out they had to agree to close that port so they lost the capability of resetting the Server logins. This was directed by Microsoft and not a Nortel decision.

after 4.0 the only way to resolve a lost Server 2003 password will be to reload the system, per Nortel. If you use a Windows utility to reset the passwords, Nortel, or your distributor will need to go into support tools and reset the NGen.. passwords.

After that Avaya will then need to get into the system and reset the FTP user passwords so that you can connect to Application Builder. Access to this is dependent on two specific logins and passwords to work. Avaya/Nortel has a utility to reset these two passwords for you.

Hope this helps.

Hey John, didn't we answer this just recently? Man, I swore I remember something about this, but it had all kinds of answers... Crap. I'm getting old...........

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

If it is the CallPilot manager password contact your vendor and have them reset the password via support tools.

If it is the OS password, (NT or Win2003), search the web for WindowsPassReset, (costs a few bucks), and reset the administrator password. Not supported by M$ or Nortel, but it will work and save you the re-image and restore time.

Good Luck,
Barnie

We are all getting older.....

You know, with a good backup a reimage doesn't really take that long.

To all..have a happy holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back