Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Password Reset 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonedude06

Vendor
Jun 29, 2006
US
I have a client that has Call Pilot 1.07. I need to reset the client password to administer mailboxes and auto attendants for them. I have distributor level access but I do not see the API utility the later versions have in order to reset the password. I have asked this question before and got some really good responses that were not specific enough as to the details of where to go after I access the distributor support tools or when I go through the configuration wizards.
Step by step or NTP references would be great.
Thanks again,
Ben

This type of information/passwords and how to reset passwords in tools cannot be done on this forum. Your distributor/vendor should be able to help you through this. This is something that is taught in second level support classes at Nortel. It is not "common" knowledge and therefore, is not documented in the NTPs provided with the server.

CP 1.07 pwd cannot be reset using distributor access. You'll have to contact nortel and have them reset it for you.

If you are talking about the standard F983 password, on any system phone on site, (M7310 or better) press F985, 9, password= "resetsmpswd" on the dialpad. The VM will prompt you reset password? press Yes/OK. The administrator password will reset to 0000. (120000, 1020000, 10020000, etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back