Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot not syncing with Cics 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

targis34

Vendor
Jul 14, 2003
CA
I just moved a CICS 6.0 and callpilot 100 to a new location. I sat for about 3 months before reinstall. The Call pilot won't sync up ( no green connect light). I have used a serial cable and watched the install on a 3x8dr5 and i DO get a sync. So now I'm leaning towards a bad KSU.
A bit more. When it first wouldn't sync I did an xftest and removed all the codes. I then did a STARTUP on the KSU.
Other than swap out the KSU I'm not sure what else I can do...any ideas??

Mike

I'm not entirely sure of the software in the CP, but it did work before the move, and like I said it works on the 3x8 I use as a tester/spare. I changed the power supply the the 2 corded one (new) with no difference. I've been going over this in my head for days and the only thing I can think of is the KSU. It seems to be awfull slow to start booting up. Might just be me getting anxious but it takes almost 20 secs to start a set flashing. I could have sworn the started flashing right away. The building we moved this to had been in a fire and I'm wondering if the power isn't good.

Mike

It was never networked, just used sets to program, so the ip is unchanged. I dont remember about dn length though. If it were different would that stop it...??
ob is quite a distance away so can't get there when i want..

Mike

No should still come up only it would be a different password leingth when accessing if dn was different. The s/w level should be on the flash card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back