Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot not recognizing DTMF tones on a PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roldan

Vendor
Jul 11, 2002
US
I have come across a situation twice now that I'd like to see if anyone else has experienced. This has only been with the service provider Telepacific (here in CA.) and their product called Smartvoice PRI. This product is a PRI but is some sort of SIP trunk in their network. I have now seen this happen at 2 different locations with 2 different customers of mine; when a call is answered by auto attendant and the caller tries to (a)use the company directory,(b) tries to access their own voicemail the Call Pilot does not recognize the DTMF tones and the caller hears the message "No Matches Found" or "The Mailbox Password Combination You Have Entered Is Not Registered" indicating that the DTMF tones are not being recognized. Now in both instances these features worked prior to these customers switching to this product of Telepacific's. The carrier has determined that there is a problem with the digit delivery and has aked that we reduce the digit delivery timer in the voicemail so that the digits will be recognized. Has anyone else experienced this yet or am I the only one so far? One thing to note is that my first customer has an old NAM 4.0 and the 2nd customer has a Call Pilot 100 3.1 and both experience the exact same thing. I've worked on Norstars for years and do not know of any "digit delivery timer" on the voicemail products. Any thoughts?

Louie Roldan

No problems with copper trunks at all, and for my first customer that is exactly what was done they went back to a regular PRI, now that is what is being proposed as the solution for the second customer.

Louie Roldan

I had the same issue with XO's flexpak service here in Washington after months of saying it wasn't there issue they
finally sent a tech out to site and tweaked a setting in
there box that fixed it. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you
exactly what they changed. It might be easier to just kick em to the curb than it is to get em to fix it.

Rick

The Carrier is full of it,once the call is answered by AA the DCH is out of the picture and your DTMF is being sent over the BCH. The digit delivery is how fast you press the DTMF pad, what the hell are they talking about.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back