Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALL PILOT NOT GOING TO BLACKBERRY 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dectel

Programmer
Nov 26, 2007
US
IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE FORMAT ON CP150 TO SEND OUT FILE IN WAV. FORMAT

CP doesn't modify format, Desktop Messaging plugin/player does the conversion.

I AM WONDERING IF THIS CAN BE MODIFIED IN A CALL PILOT 150 AND IF YOU COULD GIVE ME A IDEA OF HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS

SORRY MAGNARGP I KIND OF REPEATED MYSELF AM WONDERING HOW I GET TO THE PLUGIN/PLAYER TO MODIFY?APPRECIATE THE HELP

PLS STOP YELLING AT US!!

If you correctly configure the desktop messaging, when you forward a message, it will be converted automatically. I forget where exactly to provision this, but it is quite clear in the docs if I remember correctly.

The desktop messaging can do the conversion. I do not believe Callpilot can deliver WAV file.

I use CallPilot Manager version 04.04.04.17 and I configure it in Mailbox classes, it is in Desktop and Web Messaging Configuration.

Check the "Allow user to send voice messages to non-CallPilot recipients" Convert ti WAV format.

If I am not mistaked, "my callpilot" can do this too

Since upgrading to CP 5 over the weekend, my voice mail can now be sent to my outlook email inbox which in turn gets sent to my BB through our BES. The messages are converted to a wave file. This format is specified within the Outlook ---> Tools ---> Call Pilot Desktop Messaging ---> Configuration and choosing the MAIL tab. There is a tick box that appears when the Deliver to is select as email inbox.

Now, my problem arises when I try to open this wave file on my BB, Pearl 2 8130 I get an unknown error. I'm currently looking at our BES configuration to ensure that wave files are allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back