Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call pilot not coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

kp201

MIS
Jun 10, 2012
US
Our Call pilot 150 is not coming up after power outage. I opened a console session using serial cable and all we see is following message scrolling

VF_EXTFD:Illegal extent in FD,fn1=431,path1=/ST/M334.BOX/MBxProf.45,bn=480239
VF_EXTFD:Illegal extent in FD,fn1=431,path1=/ST/M334.BOX/MBxProf.45,bn=480240
VF_EXTFD:Illegal extent in FD,fn1=431,path1=/ST/M334.BOX/MBxProf.45,bn=480241
VF_EXTFD:Illegal extent in FD,fn1=431,path1=/ST/M334.BOX/MBxProf.45,bn=480242
VF_EXTFD:Illegal extent in FD,fn1=431,path1=/ST/M334.BOX/MBxProf.45,bn=480243
VF_EXTFD:Illegal extent in FD,fn1=431,path1=/ST/M334.BOX/MBxProf.45,bn=480244

Bn number keep changing. It started at 342528 now after 12 hours it's at 48xxxxx. I tried restarting few times yesterday. Whenever i restart invalid extent starts at 342528. Also changed the power supply. Not sure how long to wait.
Appreciate any help to solve this issue.

thanks

Thank you Brian. Is there anyway to reload the software? or reset the unit?

If you have another software card you can put it in the upper card slot, power on the CP-150, and it will rewrite the card in the lower slot. The card should be at the same or higher release than the existing card. If you're lucky your programming will still be intact.

The only way to reset the CP-150 requires that it boot up normally. Not an option in this case.

If the corruption is on the motherboard you're faced with sending the unit out for repair or replacement.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

We bought a software card from ebay and tried it. It overwrote the software on the bottom card and system came up OK. But we lost our configuration and had to reconfigure. But it's backup and running. Thank you very much Brian. Appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back