Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

larkflorida

Technical User
Nov 8, 2005
IE
I have an issue when accessing Call Pilot I get the greeting ok but there is noise in the backround.

default greeting? if so i would reload my lang disk, or maybe get a new disk to reload

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Is this the standard greeting "Call Pilot from Nortel Networks" or did you customize it. If you customized the greeting, then you may need to rerecord it.

Are you recording from an extension connected to the ksu by a fiber extender? If so, you may have to reset the station module. Occasionally, these won't sync up correctly, and there is a degredation in voice quality.

Is it setup as A-law or Mu-law. This is something you can set in the setup wizard i think.

i2007

Is it noise on all the messages?
If so check you earthing, if the CP is external the difference in earthing between the CP & M1 needs to be less than a certain threshold or else excessive noise is generated on the CallPilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back