Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Multimedia Channels "Remote Off Duty" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuelK

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2002
US
This one is baffling me.

After a recent reboot of our CallPilot (4.0 703t) server, the Multimedia Channels are all showing "remote off duty". Access channels (for playing messages with Symposium) are all working fine, but with the MM channels down, voicemail is not working and isn't accessible by the SDN.

In the PBX, a STAT of both cards shows that the multimedia channels are in a LOG OUT state:

REQ: stat 004 00 00
00 = UNIT 00 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
01 = UNIT 01 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
02 = UNIT 02 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
03 = UNIT 03 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
04 = UNIT 04 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
05 = UNIT 05 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
06 = UNIT 06 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
07 = UNIT 07 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)

REQ: stat 004 00 00
00 = UNIT 00 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
01 = UNIT 01 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
02 = UNIT 02 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
03 = UNIT 03 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
04 = UNIT 04 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
05 = UNIT 05 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
06 = UNIT 06 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)
07 = UNIT 07 = IDLE (2008 LOG OUT)

I've tried deacquiring the ports, disabling and reseating the cards, and nothing works, even after another reboot of Call Pilot.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm seeing the following messages in the Event Viewer on the CP server for each of the multimedia channels:

Failed to acquire a port. Incorrect TN is configured. LINE=Virtual Line 0
Failed to acquire a port. Incorrect TN is configured. LINE=24.0.4.7
Incorrect DN is configured. LINE= 24.0.4.7 registered failed. Cause=0x0

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sam

For future reference, just in case anyone else looks for a solution to this problem, here's the deal:

We had a power outage that caused one of our ELAN switches to go out. After the switch came back up, Symposium and CallPilot got a bit confused, and the CDN used as the SDN for CallPilot voicemail somehow got acquired by Symposium.

We also somehow had a the ALOG setting in the ACD DN for CallPilot misconfigured as "NO", so the ACD DN wouldn't auto login the DNs.

The solution will be to do the following:

- Shut down Callpilot
- Shut down Symposium
- Run the following commands in LD 48 to deacquire all ELAN resources (our ELANs are set up as 16 and 17):
- DACR ALL 16
- DACR ALL 17
- Reboot Symposium
- After Symposium is back up fully, Reboot Callpilot

Not that anyone else will have such a weird problem, but I figured I'd outline the instructions our vendor's Callpilot guru gave us. :)

Since SU07, if my CCMS and CallPilot are both downed at the same time, CCMS will acquire the CP DN, just as you described. You do not have to go through the trouble of being down your CCMS and bumping off both of your ELAN's. You can simply deacquire the CDN in the PBX. It's alot faster and cleaner.

LD 23
REQ DACR
TYPE CDN
CDN ####

mte0910 De-aquiring a cdn does nothing for the situation described here. Technically if both VSID's are configured properly it doesn't matter which server get associated to which VSID. The reason alot of sites still use the process of bringing CCMS up first before CallPilot is that it's problematic even when VSID's are configured properly you still have problems with CallPilot. To get the correct VSID associated you have to bring down both servers to accomplish that.

VSID = ELAN

We tried deacquiring the CP CDN. Unfortunately, CallPilot will not automatically reqcquire the CDN, so that does not work.

DJ4020, my answer had nothing to do with the VSID, it was about the CCMS acquiring the CP DN.

SamuelK, In our case, we always bring CCMS up first. Every once in a blue moon, it will acquire CP's DN. When that happens, deacquiring the CDN is alot easier for us than reboot the CCMS again.

Geez folks, chill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back