Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Mini/150 Delay before 'Beep' 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossEng

MIS
Feb 10, 2006
GB

I have a CallPilot Mini (Rel 16.00.15)connected to a Meridian option 11 mini, and when leaving messages there is a 10 second plus delay before the 'beep' to record, resulting in half recorded messages, as no one waits that long for the 'beep'.

The symptoms are, on a mailbox with the greeting recorded you hear the customers recorded greeting followed by a 10 – 15 second delay before the ‘beep’ to record.

On a new mailbox you hear ‘ blah blah is unavailable to take your call’, then a 10 – 15 second delay, followed by ‘please leave your message after the tone’ and the the beep straight away.

Have checked and rechecked all the various greetings, but can’t find any silence recorded anywhere in case anyone thinks this is the cause. Also I have checked the Mailboxes and none are excessively full.

When the users are recording their greeting are they ending it by pushing the # key immediately? Try rerecording one and using the # key to see if that clears it up.

As mention in initial post I have checked and rechecked recordings, plus re-recorded them pressing # immediately after message finished, it makes no difference.

It sounds like there is a "system" recording in place...and that recording is of silence. However, that should place first, not last. But in any event...it might be worth looking at that possibility. A Mailbox with Admin capability can record system greetings.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

I would reinstall the unit and reprogram sounds like a software glitch.

Eventually had to bite the bullet and re-install and reprogram the system. This as expected resolved the issue, even though it involved more work than I'd hoped. My thanks to everyone who posted, your thoughts echoed mine and help reassure me I was going about it the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back