Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pilot manager issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknouser

Technical User
Jan 22, 2006
DZ
Hi everone,

I have an issue with my callpilot server. I installed an NT usb driver and now I cant access the callpilot manager.
I'm getting the following message at the startup:

Failed to connect to the CallPilot server. Check server information and try again. If this problem persists the server may be improperly configured. [ -2147467259 ]

Any clue.

Tecnouser

What release of Call Pilot are you running? If you are running something previous to 4.0 (which runs on Server 2000), adding a USB driver to the server is not supported.

Hi lretrievers,
The callpilot is in release 2.02 and its installed in a 703t server.

Any help is welcome

Teknouser

I would try to uninstall the USB driver and hope that it gets done cleanly. You may want to call your vendor and get support on doing this. Realize that although it "looks and feels" like NT, it is tweaked to run Call Pilot. Nortel actually had an exception with Microsoft to run NT even after after Microsoft deemed the product end of life.

Hi lretrievers
When I uninstalled the driver the CP manager cant be launched anymore, so I reinstalled again.
Seems like something wrong in the NT register

Any help is welcome

Teknouser

At this point, you need to call your vendor and they will most likely need to get support to get you operational again. Installing 3rd party software on a Call Pilot server is not supported by Nortel and can cause problems.

From what I remember about Windows NT, USB is not supported at all. I don't know what the ramifications are but it doesn't sound good in your case. I would check the Microsoft forums to see if there is someway to fix this on an O/S level. If you find a fix, keep your fingers crossed about Callpilot.

hope this helps
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back