Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot IP Configuration DNS Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidB415

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2011
Hi -

I'm new to the forum here and have a quick question as I think I kind of goofed up my system.

I went into the web interface for my call pilot 100 and changed the IP address settings to be in my network range 10.0.1.***. The interface said that changes will take place upon system reboot. So I unplugged the box and plugged it back in and now...nothing! I keep getting the "inactive feature" message.

I accidentally populated the DNS values on the IP configuration page and think this may be the root of my problem. I cannot access the call pilot by IP address on my network or by crossover cable from a laptop directly into the box.

Can anyone shed some light on the best way to resolve the problem?

Thanks,
David

use a serial cable and set up hyper terminal to 9600 n 8 1. you can see the boot process and also change network settings

WORK SMART NOT HARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back