Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot HTTP password lost 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapetou

Technical User
Jan 12, 2003
CA
I've lost the access password from the HTML web page. I'm able to program Call Pilot with the phone with function 983 10020000 but when i tried in web page 0000 or 10020000, i get an invalid password message.

How i can reset it?

I tried to connect by telnet but i don't know the Login and the Password.

Any ideas?

Sounds like Glich?
Go into mailbox 1002 and change the password to 1234 (or other} then try to connect via explorer.

spoclogo2.jpg

To reset the password,
Featuer 985
Press 9
Enter Password: 73738767793
Press OK
Password reset to: 0000 (four zeros)

Thank's Curly but i have tried this before with no success....

That's why i'm trying to get some help....

(-:

Rapetou,

Two things here...Were you once able to get into explorer through the http?

If so can you go to a command string on your computer and ping the Callpilot? Are your gateways set up on this unit yet? Have you used a cross over cable from the callpilot to your PC when you started up the unit?

Usually when you have the gateway and restart the callpilot back up it will reboot to a new windows explorer screen.....

Yet, you might have to go in and do a reinstall on the unit in order to get these functions to work appropriately....

Now these are only suggestions I have....

name and telephone number?
Joey D.
Bgredhskr@aol.com

Was anyone ever able to determine how to get into the WEB CallPilot interface if the password is lost? The default 0000 password does not work and I reset the password to four zeros through the function 985 method, but still no luck accessing the WEb manager.

BTY, The system is up and running fine for many months.

Thx

If you use IE 6.0, there's your problem. Since Microsoft had updated there browser we can't use IE to access the Callpilot.

I have donwloaded the last version of Netscape and i can reach all menus again ...

Good luck!!!

The probleme seems to be in the Java plugin....

you must change on the COS #7 the Expiration of the password to "0" (zero = never)if you want to keep always the same password for system manager mailbox.

If you have get all upgrade from the Windows Update webpage for IE 6 and you can use it to reach your Callpilot, You're a lucky guy Commsguy.

Since i've made it, i can't.

But ICSAIDBLINDMAN can try it...

Follow the instructions from BoynameDJ, this will correct your problem

The Norstarguru

You need to make sure you type the full address (as the manual indicates) including the http://

I have all the updates the day they come out. Never had a problem.

commsguy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back