Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot - how to set up a greeting only

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlSwim

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2003
CA
I have a mailbox for which we no longer wish to accept voicemail and will change the greeting advising callers to send email to a specific email address.
When i set up Call Pilot to "block incoming messages" and "disconnect", one receives an Call Pilot internal prompt, just after my personalized recording, telling the caller that 'the owner is not accepting messages...to login press 84.... etc"
How can i get rid of the system message?

Yes i can set up a voice prompt in symposium or perhaps a system DN ....so there are alternatives.. but i should be able to set up voicemail box with just a 'greeting only', right?

i'd really like a voice mail box, and be able to switch message reception back on..

We change it to a SDN, and point that to an announcement. You could also set up a temporary greeting and block incoming messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back