Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Hard Drive Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleetline

Technical User
Aug 15, 2007
US
We have a Call Pilot 4.0 201 Card Option and the error messages say we are running out of space on the hard drive but the drive has plenty of space on it. The way the drive was formatted is the problem. Is there a way of reformatting the drive to accomadate for more space?

When you puchased the CallPilot system a keycode was issued that determined the total amount of storage available in the system.

You can call Nortel and purchase more storage space and thay will issue a new keycode.

If you are running out of space on the C: drive, you might want to make sure that the Techs who installs PEPs on your callpilot remove the zipped files after they are installed if they are copying them to the C: drive.

You can generally delete all files in the C:\temp and d:\temp folders. DO NOT delete the folders.

Currently the D drive is empty. How do I move files to the D drive or have all saved info sent to the D drive?

No do not move files. Move the wrong one and you are dead in the water. Have your vendor check the system would be the best way of fixing this as they would also be able to get Nortel involved.

Is the D:\ totally empty or is it just the d:\temp folder?

Call your vendor...There is a problem that we will not be able to resolve on this forum.

fleetline...do you have the callpilot hooked to your
clan if so it sounds to me that your network is sending
out broadcast messages to the callpilot server that
is what is filling up your drive you will have to put
a router between the callpilot server and your network
to stop this from happening.for now you will have to
disconnect the clan then have your vendor re-image
the hard drive and hope you have a good back up
to reload callpilot.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Yes, the CLAN is connected directly to the customers network. Are the messages from the network storeed in the drive and can they be deleted?

fleetline...if you do not have a router between the clan
and your network you are asking for major problems
and you want the router between the clan and your
network to stop broadcast per NORTEL trust me
a have seen this multiple time do as said in the first
post.

strmwalker

strmwalker I am with you on this 100%. We will make the changes immediatley. My question was asked only to know more details on the messages from my network. Thanks for your support.

fleetline...some people setup their networks for
broadcast messages callpilot does not like broadcast
messages so the only thing it can do is write it
to the hard drive then you get problems that
is why nortel tells you to put a router between
the clan and the network and if you think about it
the only connection the server can get a virus from
is the clan [customers network]with the router
between the two also stops that from happening
99.9% of the time.

strmwalker