Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot - FAX Server - Multiple People sharing single FAX mailbox..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehlert

MIS
Nov 1, 2005
US
We are starting to implement a Call Pilot 4.0 System with FAX services.

One of our Departments has been using a system called Geni-FAX and from what I have been told, multiple people can access a FAX mailbox at the same time.

Now, according to what we have been told about Call Pilot, only one person can be logged into a FAX mail box at one time.

Does anyone have multiple people accessing a single FAX mailbox on Call Pilot and if so, how is it implemented..??

Thanks in advance.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

Several people can access the same mailbox if they are using an email client like outlook, thunderbird or any IMAP capable program.
Not sure if web access via My CallPilot will allow multiple simultaneous logins or not.

Thanks Stanley.

We are going to be using the Outlook Add-In for people to access their FAX box.

We are also looking at implementing the My CallPilot Web Server too..!!

Thanks again.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno

David,

We have entire departments using one mail box (and one license) simultaneously without a problem in Outlook Desktop Messaging.

Andrew

Thanks for the information Andrew. One quick question regarding your Department using the one mail box.

Does each person stay logged in at the same time to the box or do they need to login, check the mail box, and then log out..??

Thanks again.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno

Hi David,

They all stay logged in at the same time if they wish. The only side-effect is that once one of them listens to a message or reads a fax, it is marked as "read" for all others as well.

Andrew

Use MyCallPilot and define a message forwarindig rule on it to automaticly send an E-mail with the fax attachment to an inbox several people has access to..

// Sat2phant

We use My Callpilot and have multiple people log into one mailbox and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back