Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call pilot fax dialing carrier auth code

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnd

Technical User
Mar 2, 2005
US
Problem is when call pilot work station is dialing long distance for sending a fax, they need to send an authorizing id code for their carrier after they dial the number. At the moment they have to put in 17 commas to allow a long enough time for the carrier to be ready for the id. They would like a better way of doing this. Any ideas?

get a carrier on the same planet.. a delay longer then 2 seconds is 1960 tie trunk speed.. try 91xxx434xxxx#,, that pound is international end of dial and may shorten that dial string.. if your switch knows that your dialing a 10 digit number thru bars that are setup right, you've got the slowest carrier on planet earth.. with zero special routing i get ring back coast to coast in under 1 second past the last digit of the auth code.. my auth codes are switch based.. international (GB weather) is under 4 seconds.. 17 comma's is 34 seconds

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i would bet a cup of coffee that you have spn bars in your switch?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back