Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot email message setup? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbm0148

Technical User
Jun 4, 2012
Wondering if anyone can tell if there is a way to have my CallPilot 100 message me via email when I have a voicemail? Not looking at this time to have the voicemail itself forwarded to me but simply an email saying "Check your voicemail" is this possible?

You can use remote text notification if you have it available on your Callpilot 100. It is not licensed. It just sends a message saying that you have a call from (name if available) at phone number (if availabe). You need to set up a class of service that allows this feature (in my Callpilot rls5 it is in section "Desktop and Web Messaging Configuration" - first checkbox "Text Capability", and then setup your user with this mailbox class.

If you have a seat of unified messaging you will see it on the call pilot manager, if you check under installed options, if you have any seats you will see it there.

To get it working in outlook, you will need to know the IP address of your call pilot system, you will set it up as an additional account.

set any Name and email account you want
server type: imap
incoming mail server: (ip address of call pilot)
outgoing: your company's outgoing smtp server
username: mailbox number
password: mailbox password

this should work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back