Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot DTMF issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

almostretired

Vendor
Jan 20, 2004
I have a customer with an MICS 6.1 and CP 150 2.10 who has one user trying to access his mailbox from home (lives out in the boonies)and the CP does seem to recognize the DTMF tones at all or properly. He also says his LAN phone can't even dial an extension number. (Have we opened another can of worms with a whole new set of problems with VOIP?)I have put in the MR patch some time ago to clear up the non-business hours CCR problem.
I see in thread #799-952059 s similar problem was encountered and a patch was the recommended fix. Is this different to the previous patch I put in? Is there a name or identifier for the patch on the Nortel site? Does anyone have it downloaded and available to be sent by email?
Regards from the frozen north!

who said voip was good?..dtmf on my vonage internet phone
"off cable modem" is spotty at times... newest patches are available from a nortel channel partner.. a normal pots line should not have any issues...what type of phones are being used???...i still have problems with cordless...good luck

ski season has started

Thanks for the response luv2ski

The customer has tried land line, cel phone as well as this "LAN" phone. I don't know the types but will try to get more detail.

Customer also did some telephone banking same night with no problems so it must be that #@*&% new phone system.

A post by Aragon:

Try dropping the gain down using the short co pkg.
This may remove the echo.
The DSP patch may be required however it is downloaded from Nortel's password protected website.
This may cause you some grief.
If yo have access to the protected Nortel files then install the DSP patch and upgrade your CallPilot to 2.1 using the bootloader.
Maybe your supplier can do this for you.
David Brillert

PhM

VVV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back