Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Dial-Up Stopped Working after Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

medeamedea

Technical User
Oct 11, 2007
US
Call Pilot was recently upgraded to latest software version. Technicians finally admitted that the passwords had been changed as was default with the upgrade. However the new passwords do not work. I am using a Windows network connection. It dials and connects to the modem but the modem refuses to accept my login/password (that I have re-typed about 500 times). I have my a/v services stopped (they prevented me from accessing our new BCM 450)
I have compared all the settings in the connection to another a brand new Call Pilot (same s/w version, I believe) and they are exactly the same. One works, one doesn't. I would love some suggestions to try.
BTW, this Call Pilot is 6 hours away over 2 snowy mountain passes, so I am unable to do anything at the local console.
Thanks!!

The modem on the upgraded system could have different parameters to the one you are comparing it to. Your best bet is to see if the techs who installed it can access it and if so, give you their dial up settings to try. If they cannot access it, they need to go back and fix their screw up.

Turns out the right password actually helps. The techs kept telling me they were getting in just fine. Their programmer is the one who called me with the 'so-called' new password, and she gave me the wrong one. On a whim, I tried the new login with another password and it authenticated.
Good call on the modem, I have had that issue before. Thanks!

BTW: I did get connected to modem only to find can't view web page unless A/V & firewall services are stopped.

Glad you got in ... that would be a painful trip to make to reset a password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back