Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot - Desktop Messaging - FAXing w/ Account Codes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehlert

MIS
Nov 1, 2005
US
My vendor is having problems getting our Call Pilot Server to send faxes with account codes in the dialing string.

If I attempt to dial 152799995551212 from a desk phone on the phone switch, the call goes through just fine.

If I attempt to send a fax via desktop messaging within Outlook 2003 to 152799995551212 I get the following message in the failure message:
================================================
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients

Subject: This is a test of the FAX Server on TestFaxSwitch
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:57:08 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
"Unknown" <"FAX=152799995551212"@TestFaxSwitch.xxxx.xx.ca.us>

Reason: The external telephone number used in addressing the message could not be dialed. Please verify the telephone number. (3)
=====================================================

Has anyone worked on getting Account Codes working with Call Pilot Desktop Messaging and if so, could you point me in the correct direction in terms of what to look for..??

I am a novice with this and am attempting to push my vendor forward to get this working.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

Just wanted to let everyone know that my vendor was able to find a Nortel Bulletin that states that Call Pilot can not use Flexible Feature Codes.

They are looking at other possibilities including authorization codes either at the beginning of the dail string or after the phone number in the dial string.

Anyone out there using authorization codes with Desktop Faxing..??

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back